Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh my

Taken only a few minutes ago, this pic represents the best part of my day today.
Talk about a crappy day. Crappier for Baby probably. Maybe. I doubt it! We're having baby issues. To recap, she was sick Saturday with lots of vomiting. Sunday and Monday, perfectly fine. I awoke Tuesday morning to a nursery that smelled like puke...she was swimming in it...but relatively fine the rest of the day. I decided to take her to the doctor just to be on the safe side, and they said it was just your run-of-the-mill stomach virus and that it should clear up in 3-5 days. Okay. Well, I woke up this morning a little before 5:45, looked in the monitor and saw she was still sleeping...I went to the bathroom and then went back to bed...looked in the monitor again, this time seeing baby sitting up. I watched her for a couple minutes. She didn't cry...just touched her ears and head a lot...then finally she started to whimper. So I got up, and before I even walked into her room, I could smell the vomit. She was covered. She had to have just done it in the short time I was in the bathroom. So once again, we started the day with a bath and a load of laundry. I ran into Chris as he was getting up and told him what happened, and we both agreed that this just wasn't sounding like a stomach virus anymore. As I prepared her breakfast (which she wasn't too interested in, of course), Chris got on the computer and did what he does best: Research...and this is where the Internet becomes a bad thing. He comes downstairs to tell me that vomiting in the morning is a symptom of a brain tumor. Now, I know this sounds like a complete over-reaction. However, when you take into account the fact that I underwent brain MRIs a few years ago (I was having visual hallucinations) which revealed a 5x7mm mass/cyst in my brain, then it becomes a little scarier. But then again, even though most doctors dismiss it, many moms say that teething can also cause vomiting...and the doc did note yesterday that her molars are coming in. Soooo....we decided to see what happens tomorrow morning. If she vomits again, I think the doc will be getting a call. I have a hard time believing that stomach viruses are so punctually particular. Meanwhile, today...she was horrible...grumpy, fussy, crying (at one point, she cried for over 2 hours). There were only a few moments when things were good, and it was those moments that kept me from going completely insane. I'm very thankful that my time with Baby is done for today.

So get this awesomeness! I'm a facebook addict, if you don't already know. I'm a sucker for that status line. I lost count of how many times I updated that thing today. At one point, I wrote that I would pay for someone to deliver me ice cream. Wednesdays are Chris' school days, so I don't have a car. I came downstairs around 7:30 this evening after putting Baby to bed and found a message on our machine from my sister-in-law telling me that there was something by my front door. Would you believe it was ice cream?!? I'll admit that I had tears. Such a good moment :)

I've gotten inquiries about my closet. Needless to say, all this baby stuff has slowed me down, but I'm still sticking to my Friday completion date (and by Friday I mean midnight Friday :). I got everything unloaded from my closet and put into containers. This is our king-sized bed loaded with about 80% of what was in my closet.


I have more I could write about, but I'm going to have more ice cream and watch my trash TV instead. I'll end this with a video I took of Baby today. It was one of those rare moments when she wasn't crying (though she does cry in the end...of course).

1 comment:

granola girl said...

Oh Jess I am so sorry she is still sick (and now internet info is freaking you out). I think all parents' fears are justified until proven one way or the other. If Chris had not been sick recently I would be right on board with you but the back of my mind says that she's still kicking that bug out of her body but she's not my baby so I can't say for sure. No one ever wants their children to be sick so for it to linger is just unbearable. You guys are in our thoughts and I hope she is well soon.

Your closet project is momentous. Can't wait to see it done!