Monday, November 10, 2008

Countdown to the end of "freedom"...2 hours...

I take my mom back to the airport in less than 2 hours. (Frowny face.) We didn't do anything too exciting today...just went to the consignment shop. I only spent $7 on two shirts. Mom-mom bought her a cute outfit and a baby doll. Out of all the relatives and friends who have spent time around Raina, my mom has been the luckiest as far as witnessing the exciting stuff. She was there the first time I heard the little parasite's heartbeat...she got to see Baby drink from a sippy cup for the first time (sigh...let's not go there)...and then this visit she got to see Raina crawl (yes, Raina is crawling now...only a few feet but she's crawling) and talk. She mastered "up" and "Daddy" these past couple days and definitely tries to say "balloon" and "banana"...they sound the same -- "buh!" --- but still! Right now everyone is taking a nap. Baby is in her pack-n-play in my room right now. I'm sitting on the bed, under the covers with my laptop so she won't see me. It's fun...makes me want to get out every sheet we own and make sheet forts like I did when I was a kid.


A big development in our evolution as parents...we're talking about buying a van. Gasp, I know! As you may or may not know, we've only had one car for a couple months now. The Tercel has been an awesome car, but it now needs a new starter and we think a whole lot more, too. It's paid off, though, which is such a wonderful thing! We're going to see what Chris' new paycheck is going to be like starting next month and then see if we can't swing a cheapo car payment for a used van. Unfortunately, we like stuff and like to cart around too much of it. If kid #2 is coming someday, we'll need more room than what a car or small SUV can offer.


Doesn't this one just scream me?


2 comments:

Patton's With Passion said...

2 words:
Honda Odyssey ;)

Oh, and you inspired me to update my blog too!

Miss Jess said...

You're welcome ;) I hope it's okay that I listed your blog on mine. If not, let me know :)

We would LOVE to get a Honda or Toyota; however, they're kinda falling out of our price range. Our plan is to only have this "new" van for a couple years, at which point our Vibe will be paid off and we should be in a better financial position to afford a higher car payment on something nicer and more reliable. Argh!