Friday, November 21, 2008

The end of a dirty closet era (for about a week or so)

I think I deserve a big cookie. Even with all that's been happening with Baby this week, I still managed the monumentally adult task of cleaning my closet. Here it is, the view of my big-girl closet from my bed:

The only thing missing was a glass of wine. And some dark chocolate. Mmmmmm...

Not only did I clean my closet this week, but I also cleaned out Baby's, which was almost just as bad as mine. I finally removed all those baby items that she no longer uses...like the too-small papasan, the no-longer-entertaining mobile, the OMG-I-dread-having-to-unpack-this-again-someday breast pump, etc., etc. I'm in serious need of some storage containers 'cause I have nowhere to put all this stuff. Sooooo, for the moment, it is sitting precariously in our upstairs hallway:


Dealing with all that is on tomorrow's to-do list...as well as this:


Does my mess make you feel better about yours? :)

Quick baby update: No puke this a.m., but she was out of sorts today. It didn't help that she didn't take her a.m. nap. I'm watching her in the video monitor now, and she's been crying in her sleep, which just completely breaks my heart, ya know? I hope she feels better tomorrow.

As for this weekend, tonight is my turn to get a good night's sleep and sleep in tomorrow morning while hubby snoozes in the nursery and tends to Baby until I get up. I have sleep issues. It's rare for me to sleep for more than a couple hours at a time, and that's on a good night. Sooo, I am recruiting the help of an OTC sleeping pill this evening. I'm excited. We pretty much plan to stay in this weekend. I'll be cleaning...who knows what Chris will be doing. Not cleaning, I'll bet. I look forward to a weekend when I don't have to clean. That would be a fantastic weekend!

Anyways, that's that. You know where to send that big cookie.

1 comment:

Patton's With Passion said...

WOW!!!!

The closet looks WONDERFUL! Great job!

Glad you are getting some sleep this weekend. I don't sleep well either. It IS better now that my kids are finally sleeping though! It only took 4 years. Ha!

Love the slippers in the closet pic. I would never take a pic of my feet. They are caveman feet because I never wear shoes. I'm thinking about getting a pedicure if they can sand-balst my calluses.