Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baby's day at the zoo & Mom's night at the salon

Isn't it just the most deflating feeling when you work really long and hard on something...say, oh, a blog entry...and then it just disappears into that computer nowhere land? Well, that just happened to me, and it's now 10 p.m. and my butt is screaming to go to bed. Therefore, this will be short.

Baby and I went to the zoo today. It was a fantastic trip. There were less than 20 cars in the parking lots...just the way I like it! It wasn't even all that bad out today...maybe a little chilly but no precip. I made the most of our time by packing Baby's lunch to go. You can't see the hippo in this pic (one-handed pictures aren't the easiest to take, ya know!), but you can see Baby's buffet of hot dogs, cheese, and cheerios. Yum.


The P'burgh Zoo has 2 baby elephants. Normally Baby finds them quite exciting. Today, though, she was more interested in the hay strewn about.


Next came the monkeys, her favorite animal at the moment. She even knows the sign. Too cute :) Anyways, as we made our way into the indoor primate rainforest, we were greeted by this dead bird. :(

Most of the monkeys were sleeping...not much fun to look at (at least for Baby), but we did get a few displays of primatedness (yes, that's a word).

After the zoo, Baby had a nap, we picked Chris up from work, had chicken fajitas for dinner, I gave Baby a bath, and then I handed her off to Chris so he could put her to bed while I went to the salon. For those of you who don't know, I've been trying to grow my hair out for over a year-and-a-half now. It's been really hard, and I finally lost my resolve last week (thanks again, Carrie ;). Anyways, the outing ended up taking 2 hours, even though the salon is within walking distance of my house. To make a long story short, I had to wait 90 minutes for the only stylist there who cut with a straight razor. I'm adamant about that. I'm happy with the results. The back is super short...I feel like a boy when I touch it. The front is long enough that I can style it if I want. I tried to take pics, but none of them showed the cut well. I had Chris take a pic of me, too, but good lord do I look frumpy in it, so there's no way I'm posting that one. You'll just have to do with the bad one that I took. I'm sure a better pic will turn up soon.

1 comment:

granola girl said...

LOVE the hair and so sorry I derailed your plans ;)

Did ya take a picture with you? I need it for my next trip to the scissors.

Looks like a great mama and baby day out. We have to plan one together.

Email me about visiting dates. I've been gone since Wed. morning and just got home this afternoon. I just witness my first c-section birth after helping my friend through 40 hrs of labor. I'm pretty delerious right now. LOL