Thursday, November 13, 2008

Multi-tasking, schmulti-tasking

What a day. Poor Chris. He's horribly sick. It looks like some sort of stomach bug. OMG, I just hope really, really hard that I don't catch it. I told him tonight that if I do, he better be prepared to take time off work to care for Sugar Bear. He's been in bed all day (except for when he's been in the bathroom). Meanwhile, Baby is not herself, either. If it continues tomorrow, I'll probably be taking her in to see the doc. Meanwhile, I had all these grand plans for today. Oh wait...first, my night last night. Baby woke up around midnight and didn't go back to bed until after 2 a.m. This is the second time this week this has happened. Last night I just brought her down to the living room, plopped her in front of her toys, and watched her play while I caught up on my ANTM. I'm totally dragging, so totally tired. I kind of had a feeling her naps wouldn't be good today (and they totally weren't), so I decided to do some spring cleaning. I started early this morning, after dropping Chris off at work, making over Baby's room...folded up the futon, making a little more room for toys and crawling. Baby played on the floor while I dragged everything out into the hallway, creating a huge mess out there. When she started to look tired, I began our naptime routine, but she was having none of it...crying, screaming, she went crazy. At that point, Chris called from work, asking me to come pick him up and bring him back home. Anyways, my point was that I had these plans to actually do some major cleaning today, but instead, because Chris wasn't able to take over baby duty at all today, I'm left with an even bigger mess than I started with, which just brings me down a little bit...especially because I'm going to be out of town all day Saturday.

Dinner was just me and Baby tonight. I was all excited about roasting some carrots. I love roasted carrots! I had them all seasoned and snug in the oven with Baby keeping me company in the kitchen...but she was very unhappy, on the verge of completely losing it, so I was trying to hurry with preparing her dinner and the rest of my dinner, in addition to playing with her so she wouldn't start screaming, and then I got a phone call. I guess that was just a little too much for me to handle, 'cause this is what my precious carrots ended up as:

Luckily I like the flavor of burnt food.

No comments: