Sunday, November 16, 2008

My immune system of steel

As you may have heard, both my hubby and baby have been sick with a very nasty stomach bug. It started first with Chris. I had to rescue him from work Friday morning, and he was pretty much in bed (or the bathroom) that entire day. I had plans to be out of town Saturday in order to dress shop for bridesmaids dresses, so luckily Chris was feeling a little better by the time I left. However, about 3 hours after leaving, I received a phone call from Chris informing me that Sugar Bear had vomited all over the place. Poor Chris. It stinks bad enough to be sick yourself, but then to have to take care of a sick baby all by yourself...I know it's tough, especially considering he didn't have a car, so he had no way to go out and get Pedialyte or Tylenol (we know now to always have these things on hand...ya gotta learn the hard way, I guess). Thankfully we have an absolutely amazing friend who was kind enough to go to the drugstore and deliver the goods to our doorstep. To hear Chris talk about that day is funny. I told him today that it sounds like he has post-traumatic stress disorder from the experience. All he can talk about is how he got puked on not once...not twice...but SIX times. Suck it up! :) I think I could handle puke a whole lot better than boogers. I hate boogers! However, I must admit that the smell of vomit is pretty bad. I've cleaned the livingroom rug who knows how many times, but the smell still lingers. I'm contemplating just getting a new rug. Anyways, Raina's bug seemed to only last Saturday. She was fine today, thank goodness. Chris feels a lot better, too, though his appetite still hasn't come all the way back. I wonder how much time has to pass before I can wipe my brow and give a Whew! of relief that I managed to not catch this thing.

I'm keeping this short. I need to get myself to bed. I'll share some pics of my recovered baby today, though. Here she is peeking at herself in her old car seat mirror. This entertained her for quite a long time.

Here she is having a grand time feeding Fozzie Bear her yogurt.

1 comment:

Patton's With Passion said...

Ewwww, vomit is so gross. I'd take boogers and poop anytime over puke.
Bryan and I were just talking about my vomit phobia yesterday- he was laughing about me fear of vomiting while in labor with Brayden. I got close to transition, and started vomiting- A LOT. It was horrible. I was crying because I was vomiting. I was SO HAPPY during the hard transition and pushing because I had stopped vomiting. Yes, puke was the worst part of natural childbirth. With Rylan, I knew not to eat or drink anything. ;)
Bryan got over his flu yesterday....oh around 4 pm.... suspicious that he stayed in bed most of the weekend was was nice and perky for the Steeler's Game?? Hmmmmm....