Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Keeping my promise

Well, at least one of them. I know I've made several others to a lot of you out there that I haven't done all that great with...but that's for another blog.

So....dropped Chris off at the airport today. I didn't start to tear up until he did. I'm pretty good at not missing people. I know that sounds horrible...don't misunderstand...of course I'll miss him...but I think my life as a military brat has kind of numbed me to the process of people going away. Probably only makes sense to fellow brats. Anywho, my single-momness started around 1:30, and so far so good :) The weather today was AWESOME, so baby and I walked to the park and played for a bit. She had a rough afternoon (darn poop woke her up from her only too-short nap), so I took her to the pet store before dinner. That always cheers her up. She went down for bed and then woke up crying about 30 minutes later, but a hug and bottle later and she's back down again, this time for good (fingers crossed). I've finished cleaning the downstairs and think I'll settle with a bag of popcorn and wait for Top Chef.

Some noteable happenings...my diet is kaput for now. I was doing so well, too. I actually got down to 167...I have a pic of the scale and everything...but with my issues (I promise to get into that in another blog) and unstableness of Chris leaving, something had to give. Oh well. I'm okay with it. I'll start back tomorrow...kinda. Monday is always the best day for that! I had my training session at the gym. It was fantastic! Once Chris gets back, I'll probably try to do my lifting before he wakes up and then do my cardio when I can drop Raina off at daycare. I can't wait until the weather gets nice and I can just run outside in the evenings. For the next few weeks, though, I'll be rushing to get my lifting done while Raina is in the gym's daycare and then try to get the cardio in here at home on the treadmill after Raina goes to bed. Once Chris gets back, he's only here for a few days before he has to leave yet again for Florida...but that won't be so bad 'cause I know I'll be joining him at the end!

Fozzie Bear has started to pee again. In case you're new to me and/or my blog, I really can't think of anything that drives me more crazy than cat pee. I hate to say it...it's painful for me to admit 'cause I LOVE animals....all animals...but I don't like Fozzie Bear. I just don't like him. If I didn't have Chris, I wouldn't have that cat. It's funny 'cause I was the one who pushed to take him in a few years ago...but had I known he had this problem, I wouldn't have. I can't do cat pee. To make matters worse, he peed right in Raina's toy. There are no words to describe how I felt when I discovered it. He's lucky he didn't do it a few days ago when my issues were in full effect. I don't know that he'd be with us today. I'm getting worked up...I have to leave this...

I took Raina to the zoo yesterday. It was empty...and thus FANTASTIC. I let her crawl around the aquarium for a long time while I walked behind her. We only ran into one other mom and her son. Raina had a blast. We went as a family on Saturday...this is a pic from then...


So, I don't have much going on tomorrow...the gym in the morning...Costco in the early afternoon...who knows what later on. Friday it looks like I'll be visiting a friend, and then Saturday through Monday, a friend is staying with us. I'm very much looking forward to the company. I need it.
Anyways, popcorn calls. Be back tomorrow.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Your friend is really looking forward to being your company :)
Do I have to bring real clothes? Can I wear workout clothes and pjs?

Miss Jess said...

Wear whatever you want...just be sure to bring warm stuff. Our house is freezing compared to your place.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up!