Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My prediction

Ya know how hockey season seems to last FOREVER? Same with baseball.

Did you know that pregnancy season is longer than both baseball and hockey seasons? Craziness. Forty weeks times 7 days in a week...so that's 280 days. I'm not one to nitpick when it comes to people spreading misinformation (unless it's the hubby and he touches upon my further/farther pet peeve), but I will correct a complete stranger dressed in a black face mask and wielding an ax who says something about pregnancy lasting only 9 months. No, dearie. It's 10. Lots of times it's 10+.

Okay, so I just now couldn't resist googling how long a pregnancy is, and it turns out that it's a little more complicated than 40 x 7...but for the sake of argument...wait...you never argue with a pregnant woman, so never you mind! :P

Anyways, back to the title of this blog entry: My prediction. My "official" due date is March 5th. I've always felt this was too early (even I won't go into the TMI required to explain the reasons behind my feelings on that!). I know I said a few weeks ago that I thought I'd be early. I think I was under the influence of some strong wishful thinking. I am now predicting March 15th.

I told Chris my prediction today. His response: "I don't know if you can last that long!" I guess living with me right now isn't a day at the amusement park!

Some trivia that makes me feel better: The African elephant is pregnant for 660-760 days.


I dunno. I think I might have some African elephant in me 'cause that ass looks a lot like mine right now.

2 comments:

netfotoj said...

Enjoy what Shakespeare called "the proud waddle of pregnancy" while you can. Shortly thereafter, you'll be running at full tilt trying to keep up with Raina and Pheobe at the same time. Joy cometh in the morning.

Miss Jess said...

Proof that Shakespeare was a man :)