Sunday, February 14, 2010

V-Day

So Chris and I went on a Valentine's Day date this evening. Neither of us can remember doing the V-day date thing before...though we both feel that we should have at some point in our 12-year togetherness history. (Holy crap, 12 years!) Chris had made reservations at a local Indian restaurant that was having a special for couples' dinners and a live belly dance performance. We couldn't have done it had it not been for our babysitter, wonderful Aunt Emily, whom Raina just adores. For some reason, she really looks forward to jumping with Aunt Emily. Here they are having dinner before we left (and by dinner, I mean Raina pretty much only eating her jello, which you can see on her face).


Dinner was yummy, and the performances were good, too, though both Chris and I prefer our belly dancers to be a little softer...you could see the ribs on the chicks who performed tonight. Right towards the end of dinner, I started to feel totally weird. Don't know how else to describe it. My restless legs kicked in big time, along with a headache, and I just felt like I had to get out of there AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! It was a horrible feeling, a crappy way to end the date, but oh well.

Ya wanna know the best part of my evening? I know this may sound incredibly selfish and vain, but I'm just being honest. After showering and getting put together, I came downstairs to find Chris and Raina playing in the living room. Raina looked up from her toy, stared at me, and gushed "Va-Va, you're so pretty!" Had I not been wearing mascara, I would have allowed the tears to come out :) I certainly never feel pretty lately...I feel like I look like a bloated manatee...so it was super nice to hear that from my little girl. Here's the happy couple:



On a completely unrelated note, Facebook has disabled my account. I feel completely lost and alone...it was my primary way of staying in touch with real people and feeling connected to the outside world. I'm not going to get into it now. I'm going to give Facebook a week or two to reinstate my account. If they don't, I guess I'll create a new one. What a pain in the arse...but something will be better than nothing.

That's all for now...

5 comments:

Patton's With Passion said...

I had to come find you here, I miss you on Facebook. Glad you had a good date night, you guys look great!

Miss Jess said...

I miss you, too! I never realized how addicted I was to your updates. Feels like forever since I've read about your marathon days of Agway, home schooling, cooking, organizing, etc., etc. :)

Emily Teodorski said...

"For some reason..."

It's because hopping with Aunt Emily is the most fun ever!!!

Emily Teodorski said...

Regarding hopping, Raina would say to you "try it...you'll like it."

Although, best not when you are nine months pregnant.

Miss Jess said...

Just to clarify, the "for some reason" refers to the hopping part, not the Aunt Emily part :)