Friday, March 26, 2010

Random musings between breast feedings

  • If the phone is going to ring or someone is going to come to the door, it's going to be when I have a greasy Lansinoh boob in one hand and a crying infant in the other.
  • How is it that the baby is ready to breastfeed at the exact same moment that my husband is ready to serve me the dinner he made all by himself?
  • Explosive poos happen (1) during and/or immediately after a diaper change; (2) during and/or immediately after a bath; (3) or when I've stupidly left the house without a diaper bag.
  • Babies have the freakin' loudest farts and bowel movements EVER!
  • I am SOOOO over spending more than 15 seconds dressing my baby in cute clothes. Just give me something that'll keep the poop in and I'm happy. I don't even care if it's blue with tractors all over it.
  • Newborns will give the most amazing smiles. Even though I know they're not real smiles, that they're probably the result of gas, a part of me will still believe that she gazed into my eyes and smiled at me because of me.
  • I hope Raina isn't traumatized forever and likes me again sometime soon.
  • Next to teaching my dog to sneeze on command, losing 40 pounds in 7 days is my biggest accomplishment in life.
  • I am quite sick of answering the question "Did you have gestational diabetes???" every time someone hears about Phoebe's 11 lb 11 oz birth weight. Seriously, no, I didn't AND it's none of your business!
  • Just like with Raina, I can't bring myself to say that Phoebe was "born."
Time to feed again. In an hour's stretch of time, I can feed this thing 4 times. FOUR times.

I hope to blog about my "birth" experience soon. My mother is visiting for a week here pretty soon...I hope to have more free time then :)

No comments: