Sunday, March 14, 2010

My family's last weekend as a 3-some

Despite the rain, we decided to take Raina for her first trip on the incline. She had a great time. All the puddles were a bonus for her :)











And this next one shows why I have to laugh when people tell me to "Just take it easy!" Yah. Tell her that! To translate the Raina-ese, she's starts off with "Go crazy!" and then moves to "We did it!" I swear, you'd think these past couple weeks that we've been spiking her milk with Red Bull.




As for me, I'm 9 days overdue. I have 2 doc appts tomorrow...the first is for a biophysical profile, which is basically an ultrasound that'll check to make sure Phoebe is doing okay; the second is with my midwife. If my cervix is at all open, he'll sweep my membranes. I wish I could say I'm optimistic, but I'm just not. Maybe it's a defense mechanism...ya know, not wanting to get my hopes up...but with each passing day, I'm losing hope that things are going to go anywhere near the way I had hoped. As it stands now, if I don't go into labor on my own this week, I'll be admitted to the hospital late Friday/early Saturday to be very slowly induced.

Not only do I look forward to meeting Phoebe no matter how she makes her way out, I also very much look forward to not having to hear "Today would be a good day to have that baby," "Haven't you had that baby yet?", and one of my favorites "What are you waiting for?!?" Oh, and people, really, I don't need to hear about how big I am. I don't know that there's a single woman in existence who gets all warm and fuzzy when she's called huge. I'm ashamed to admit that I said something similar to a friend when she was pregnant (this was before I had ever been pregnant)...I wish I had stopped to think before I spoke. Try to remember this the next time a whale of a pregnant woman is in your presence...she knows she's a whale...she doesn't need you to point out the obvious!!! Instead, tell her she looks great, even if it's a lie.

Long and interesting week ahead. Feel free to drop by and cook me dinner or clean out the litter box or entertain the 2-y-o. :) No, really, please do!

1 comment:

Roberta W. said...

Congratulations! Phoebe is gorgeous. This post was great! So many parts of it had me cracking up or tearing up. A great mini- break in my day of meetings. I loved the Go Crazy/We did it video.