Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas, blah blah blah

There. That's about as festive as I get this year. I did my duty...and yes, it felt like a duty this time around...of putting up a tree. It's not our usual big fake tree. Instead, my friend Michele was kind enough to downsize me to her little fake tree while she upgraded to a big fake one. It's cute and Baby loves it. She crawls towards it at breakneck speed while signing "light" the whole time. Super cute :) She loves Christmas lights. I also decorated our fireplace mantle and put up some lights in the living room, but that's about it. No fake snow on the windows (which I know Chris is thrilled about...he can't stand that stuff. Actually, he says he can't stand cleaning it off the windows, yet I'm the one who always cleans it off so I have no idea what he's talking about.)...no wreaths (um, I guess that doesn't count 'cause we've never had one)...no garland or tinsel (gasp!)...you get the picture. I figured this might be my last year in a long time that I can get away with not decorating. I dunno...at what age do kids get into Christmas?

Anyways, we'll be traveling to Erie tomorrow to visit Chris' family for several days. I'm hoping for a nice relaxing trip...maybe a nap while relatives babysit...mmmm, that'd be nice...even to just have someone else entertain the baby while I sit back and do nothing would be FANTASTIC!

Enough with the holiday cheer. I'm just not feeling it. It doesn't help that I can't fit into anything. Even my sweats are tight. Seriously, that's just sad. I can't wait until the holidays are over and I can stop using that as an excuse. It looks like I may have a new motivation...Chris is being sent to Florida for a week in March for work and we're discussing dropping baby off somewhere so I can come down for a couple days, too. Florida...sun...beach...bathing suit...insert scream of terror here. Blah blah blah.

I feel like I'm a downer, so I'm gonna cut this short. I'm sure I'll be in a better mood once I return from our holiday travels (and away from Aunt Flo). On that TMI note, have a good one, everyone!

No comments: