Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bye-bye dining room

We are officially over-run by toys, toys, and more toys. Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining at all. I love that Baby has stuff to keep her busy...the busier she is, the more I can get done...kinda. If you have kids, you know what I mean! Anyways, I got fed up today with everything being in the living room. She has more than enough space for more stuff in her room, but she hardly ever spends any time in there playing, so 80% of it is downstairs instead. I decided that since we hardly ever sit at the "formal" dining room table, it would be best to just stow it away for a while and create another space for mom and baby stuff. I forgot to take a before pic, but here's an after...just imagine a big dining room table where all the toys are now...


While I'm sharing, here's our living room. It's hard to fit it all in one pic, but as you can see, there are play stations on the far right and far left, but they're contained. That's a good thing!


Raina finally learned the sign for "more" today. I've been trying to teach it to her for months now, off and on. Go figure that daddy re-introduces it to her last night, and she picks it up right away. Today she decided that she loves black and raspberries (I gave them to her a few weeks ago, but she wanted nothing to do with them then). Anyways, here's a video of her intently eating her berries and asking for "more." I'm so proud :)



Quick update on my battle against the bulge (ug...how lame)...I didn't get up before baby this morning to exercise because baby had me up at 4 a.m. and didn't get back to sleep until after 5. I'm afraid I've been munching on things I shouldn't have been, too. Sigh. Tomorrow's another day...hopefully a better one from that perspective. I don't care how messy the house is...I'm going to the gym tomorrow evening. I was supposed to go tonight, but it seriously looked like a bomb went off around here. It still does, but not in the living and dining rooms...I moved it to other rooms, of course!

2 comments:

Emily Teodorski said...

Maybe it wasn't daddy. :-) Aunt Emily tried "more" today at lunch as well....although Raina didn't do it, just picked up the empty bowl looking for the ham.

Miss Jess said...

Ahhhhhh...that explains it! I won't tell Chris, though. He's feeling pretty special at the moment :)

I think it's safe to say that while there is ham in front of her, she's not open to learning anything new...unless it's the whereabouts of MORE HAM!