Sunday, January 3, 2010

For you men and never-been-pregnant folk

Wonder why I may suddenly lurch forward, gasp "Ungh!", or squint my face and eyes as though someone has thrown acid in my face?



On a scale of 1-10 of Phoebe's movement, this ranks a 6 (it's just that one movement at the very beginning of the vid). She was just getting warmed up. I was too busy being curled up in a ball and biting a pillow to hold the camera when she hit 10 (which she now does between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.).

Only (ha!) 8ish weeks to go. I'll need y'all to remind me as it gets closer to time why it is that I don't want to schedule an early c-section.

Pregnancy is not my thang!

(facebook peeps...gotta go to www.momwithoutaclue.blogspot.com to see vid)

7 comments:

michele said...

I'm thinking its not my thang either.

Miss Jess said...

I wouldn't be doing this again if the end result weren't totally worth it, Michele :)

Melanie said...

Hang in there.

Miss Jess said...

You're my inspiration, Melanie. I just keep reminding myself that you had TWO in there and never complained and got through just fine :)

Melanie said...

Never complained? Hmmm...were you reading my blog closely? :)

Laura77 said...

Awww, I never minded that. I didn't think it hurt, sometimes it caught me off guard, and I would kind of bend funny and push the little foot back in, but it was never painful. Ella was transverse for a while, completely sideways, and sometimes it felt like she was pushing right through my sides. Awww, I'm missing that feeling. :(

Miss Jess said...

You bring up an interesting point, Laura, that I was thinking about today. I hardly ever hear of other pregnant women saying they find the movement painful. Why is it painful for me? Am I just a wimp? Raina would do the transverse thing, too, and that's usually what had me in tears, her going from transverse one way to transverse the other way (or better yet, completely around to her starting point!). I know I'm a complainer in general, but I also know I'm not "faking" this. If anything, I downplay the pain 'cause I don't want to be annoying to everyone else. I so wish I were one of those women, like you, who got through it without the pain. If I'm begging for an epidural 5 minutes into the start of my contractions, we'll know the solution to this mystery!

And Laura...just do the deed and have a third :)