Sunday, June 14, 2009

Good-bye girdle underwear!

I've been wearing my super tall, flatten-the-tummy-fat-as-much-as-possible undies all weekend. That's too long...so long, in fact, that it hurts -- actually physically HURTS -- when I lightly press down on my lower tummy. I swear I gained 10 pounds this weekend! So many cookies and alcohol and Combos...mmmmmm but ug. If you didn't already know, I went to a wedding. I was the Matron of Honor to my last single friend, Michele.
This is Michele and her fiance...um, hubby :)...Eddie



What a great time! The venue was beautiful, the food fantastic, the drink plentiful, and the people fun. I was freaking out a little because of the speech I had to make at the reception, but with the help of a little Inderal (yay to drugs!), I was able to make it through okay. I even made the bride tear up a little :) Double yay! I got to get all painted up, too. We went to Macy's and had our makeup professionally done. I actually let someone touch my face...gasp!

This is us at Macy's...


I even donned fake fingernails for the occasion. Normally I have stubs for nails, but I found some classy-looking fake ones for $5 (yah, I'm a big spender) and decided to give it a go. They came out looking pretty good, but I was unable to function with them on! Everything is so much harder with nails...doing/undoing buttons, picking nose, taking out contacts, etc. And if you check out the pic, you'll see that they weren't even that long (I had cut them down). The only cool thing about them is the good food that gets caught underneath them that you don't discover until hours (or days) later. Anyways, here's a pic of my talons...
This is us with our friend, Jaimee. It's crazy to me that I've been friends with these girls for almost 10 whole years. I don't feel 10 years older...and we certainly don't look 10 years older.

I hope to be friends with this awesome chick for a very long time :)

No comments: