Monday, February 20, 2012

New beginnings

So. We're in North Carolina now.

For as long as I can remember, I have vowed to never live in North Carolina. Ha. No offense to the state...mainly just the fire ants and heavy drawlers. I'm old enough now to see remedies for both annoyances, hence my willingness to settle here.

We're in Mooresville at the moment, residing in a rental house on the fantastically named street of Stumpy Creek Road. Lake Norman is within walking distance...a spot that's sure to entertain the kiddos once it stops SNOWING. Yes. Don't get me started.

Across the street is a park with a playground and lots of running around space, though our backyard also offers more than adequate room to play t-ball and kickity ball.

Chris' place of employment is 10-20 minutes away, depending on route and traffic. Today is his first day. More than anything else, I hope he likes his job.

We start looking for a new house very soon. Going through all the mortgage apps this week. We already have a realtor here who's sending me e-mails with listings. I'm taking the kiddos for a drive this afternoon to check out one that has me salivating a bit.

Mooresville is full of STUFF. Just about every store you could think of is around here. Two Starbucks, though neither of them have the living space that the girls and I were accustomed to occupying in the Burgh. Oh well. That's a habit I need to break (cut down on) anyways. I like that so many of the restaurants/little eateries have outside seating.

I'll post pics soon. The camera is around here somewhere....

No comments: