Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hey, look! I found my camera!

Yep, located the camera, but it's full; so, I haven't been able to take many pics and won't be able to take any more until I empty it. However, here's a few from yesterday afternoon and this morning.

We went to Lazy 5 Ranch today. It's about 10 minutes down the road, and it's AWESOME! There's a 3-mile drive-through path. I let the girls ride up front while we crept along at 5 mph. The number and variety of animals on the ranch is just amazing. It took us about 45 minutes to finish the ride, at which point we then boarded a horse-drawn wagon which took us along the same path, but this time the animals were within arms' reach. Feed buckets were provided, and we fed everything from pigs to emus to bison to giraffes. Just incredible. I wish my camera had held out, but oh well. We'll definitely be back for more, that's for sure. Until then, here are a few pics and vids...

I wish I could describe how big this cow was.
OMG, it was HUGE. Almost as big as the wagon.



All the cattle just held their mouths open for us to throw the food in.
Their breath was, um, unforgettable.



This was my first experience being soooooo close to giraffes.
I got to pet them and even got kisses. Raina wasn't too keen on their
invasion of her personal space. I loved it, though!



This is Lake Norman. You can see it from our rental house.
With the kiddos in tow, it's about a 5-minute walk.
It's sure to provide endless hours of rock-throwing fun.



Now for some vids...


This would be when my camera stopped working 'cause it was too full :(



Our greeters onto the ranch drive-through path.



Nowhere was it recommended to keep our windows closed, but I'm sure glad we did.



Kiddos loved the piggies.



Had a lot of "Um, excuse me!" moments.



And we end with throwing rocks at OUR lake :)

No comments: