Friday, September 18, 2009

Vids for the fam

I plan on catching up with this blog thing later this weekend but thought it would be best to post all the Raina vids separately. So here goes....enjoy, grandparents!

*************

This is Raina playing her favorite game of "zshih zshu!" That's "Get you!" in adultese. This one also shows her love of kissing boo-boos. It's amazing how a kiss can make it allllll better. Also, that run she does towards the camera in the beginning...she does that a lot. It creeps me out...reminds me of a zombie :)


*************

For several weeks now, Raina has been able to count to 10. Maybe this is what all kids her age can do...beats me...she's my first, so I'm clueless!...but it never fails to impress me when she does it. I have to coax it out of her in this video, but she counts spontaneously ALL the time. For example, we went to the playground yesterday, and she had to count to 10 every time before she'd go down the slide.



*************

Nothing much happening in this one...just her cool hand motion for when she says "move" and then a glimpse into the daily struggle of understanding what the heck she's trying to say.




*************

Very rarely does Va-Va make an appearance in a vid, but here I am. Whoopee. Chris blames Raina's love of being tickled (in the good way, not the Chinese torture way) on me. I love a good tickle :) This vid doesn't show it, but most times when you tickle Raina, she completely zonks out...eyes get all glassy, posture totally relaxes...until you stop, then she's pointing to where she wants tickled, grabbing your hand, and saying "more."



*************

And now for pics...


Here she is with all her friends and the backpack we have to carry around in order to make sure they go everywhere she goes.











Here she is at the train tracks. She loves trains. Lucky for us, we live within walking distance of the T.















Here she is riding the camel at the zoo...

















...and playing in the zoo's Kid's Kingdom.

















She found this huge leaf at the zoo and wouldn't let it go.

















I make this face, too, when I'm really enjoying my ice cream :)

3 comments:

smilinggreenmom said...

Awww.baby Raina is beautiful! I just found your bloggity blog and it is sure adorable. I just love the kissing boo-boos LOL. Our kids love to have their little boo-boos kissed too and have even more of a fascination with all the really pricey cute bandaids. Grr....I despise those things. Yeah, I am cheap I know. Thankfully though I have found a great totally natural pain cream for kids called Topricinkids and it works wonders for minor pains. Though- I really do love to just kiss 'em! I will definitely have to check back here to get the latest mom stuff!
www.twitter.com/smilinggreenmom *tweet me!

Melanie said...

Wow - I am totally impressed by Raina's ability to count to 10! That seems so advanced!

Where do you guys go to watch the big trains?

Miss Jess said...

Melanie - After talking with a co-worker, Chris took us all the out past Ambridge (like a 45-minute drive). I forget what the town is called, but it has a huge train, um, thingie. Sorry... suffering from pregnancy-induced stupidity at the moment. It wasn't all that great. For all the trains that were there, they weren't moving, and those that were, we couldn't see. For as long as it takes to get there, I'd say stick to watching the T!