Monday, February 14, 2011

OMG, I totally went there

It's one of those deep, dark secrets that moms never reveal: They have a favorite child.

GASP!

Puh-leeze. OF COURSE every parent has a favorite. We're only human after all. I'll admit it: Pheebs is my favorite. Now before you get your panties all in a bunch, understand this-- Having a favorite doesn't mean you love one child more or less than another. Well, I guess it does for the "bad" parents out there, but I'm only talking about us good ones! I love both my children, but here's the difference...I'm loving babyhood MUCH MORE than toddlerhood. This toddler phase is kicking my ass. Raina doesn't like me for most of her waking moments, fights with me about every freaking little thing, wants nothing to do with my offers to help, and cuddling with me is out of the question. Phoebe, my little 10-m-o, on the other hand, thinks I'm the center of the universe. She LOVES me. She NEEDS me. She is reduced to tears whenever I'm out of her sight or touch. She reaches for me when in the arms of someone else. She crawls at top speed to get to me when I'm across the room. She rests her head on my shoulder and hums as I hold her, occasionally lifting up to give me a sloppy kiss.

Now seriously, how can that NOT be my favorite?!?

I'm enjoying it for all it's worth now 'cause in a few short months she's sure to figure out that Dad is the coolest person alive and I'm, well, not.






No comments: